Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Buddha: พระพุทธรูป

This is a big Budda in Wat Prazanimit. I moved to Charlotte in mid June from San Antonio, Texas. I moved from a big town to a smaller town as Charlotte, NC. I like it here so far. First thing when I moved here, I tried to find Asia market and Thai Temple. First I didn't find Thai Temple, but I found Asia market. That was a good sign for me to find Thai Temple. After that I asked a lady who owned the Asian market where the Thai temple was located at. As soon as I knew, I went to Thai Temple rightaway. This big Budda is a first thing that I pray. After that I went to Thai Temple and meet many nice Thai-Laos people in Charlotte.

4 comments:

Aeng Chanthirat said...

Great site for our community. I didn't know that there's a website to our temple for others to see, especially out of state. I go there a lot and my mother goes there every weekend. Her and her friends go there a lot to support the needs of our monks there. A lot has changed since then. Will you update pictures and upcoming events to the site. If you are unable to do so, I will be glad do it for you on behalf of the temple. You may contact me at aengkham@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

I moved to NC from San Antonio TX 3 years ago, and just now moved to Charlotte a few months ago and just found this page. I too have been looking for a temple and markets. I am so excited to see this page because I have not been able to find anything like this for the past 3 years. I look forward to seeing this in person. VonLush@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

I am an exchange student from Thailand and i live in Waxhaw :) me and my host family plan to go to the temple this weekend. I want to know that are you going to have Loy Grathong there or not ?
Thank you

Anonymous said...

Where is that thai temple that you find?